How to GOSteps to the Field
We believe that steps to the mission field should be a relational process. It is with you, your local church, our denominational World Outreach committee, our WO field team or one of many partnered sending agencies.
God draws each of us, uniquely into mission, so the process may look different for everyone. With World Outreach, it often goes something like this:
- The Nudge. Something in us or someone in our church speaks to our heart that we need to join those who are “going!”
- A Connection. You connect with World Outreach and begin with a “Get Started” form. This is a simple, online form to help start a conversation with you.
- Conversation. You’ll have a conversation with one of our World Outreach Mobilizers, face-to-face or via video, to learn more about one another and get an overview about World Outreach and possible opportunities.
- Apply. You’ll be invited to apply with World Outreach! Fill out our longer application and additional counseling and testing materials to prepare you for our Engage event.
- Engage. Join us for an Engage event along with other candidates. Take part in interviewswith the World Outreach Commissioned Assessment Team. Once you are approved, you are a World Outreach appointee who can begin discerning and clarifying where and what field you are being called to. Cultural and field assessments begin by both the home office and field teams.
- Welcome! You are now an EPC World Outreach missionary appointee, able to begin building your support team and completing field requirements.
- Commissioned. General Assembly is an annual national gathering of Evangelical Presbyterian leaders. Final items needed will be full support pledged, departure information needed by the home office, team coordinator and field team. Once these are done, you are ready to …