World Outreach (WO) is the mission sending agency of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Our principal calling is to glorify God by starting church-planting movements among least-reached people groups, especially among Muslims. In these hard places we generally work in one of three ways:
- Engage 2025 – The EPC churches of a particular geographic area (a presbytery), in cooperation with WO, prayerfully adopt one or more unengaged Muslim people groups, and send a team of long-term workers to launch church-planting movements among them.
- International Theological Education Network (ITEN) – ITEN identifies and deploys gifted EPC teachers to assist national partners and institutions to develop disciples and disciple-makers among unreached people groups, especially Muslims.
- Cooperative Agreements – WO partners with other compatible sending agencies (which have expertise WO lacks), to send EPC workers to make significant contributions to the goal of starting disciple-making movements among least-reached people groups.
WO currently has about 60 family units living primarily in a belt stretching from North Africa to Southeast Asia, all who have developed teams of financial and prayer supporters (both individuals and churches) before leaving for their fields of service.
The foundation of World Outreach is the written Word of God. Building upon that foundation, we commit ourselves to:
- Put God’s Word into practice in our own lives
- Proclaim the gospel to the nations by word and deed
- Pray for the evangelization of the world
Seeking to be sensitive and responsive to the Holy Spirit’s work throughout the world, we pray that God will use us to:
- Gather God’s people, scattered among the peoples of the earth, into the Church of Jesus Christ
- Establish and develop indigenous Reformed churches that relate to one another in a connectional manner and that relate to their context in a biblically faithful and culturally compelling way
- Identify, train, and develop national leadership from and for the indigenous churches
- Equip and motivate indigenous churches to participate in cross-cultural missions
- Engage the participation of every member of the EPC in fulfilling the goals of our mission
- Partner with other evangelical churches and organizations to demonstrate the unity of the Body of Christ
- Administer entrusted resources in an efficient and effective manner with full accountability
- Provide excellent care for our global workers, caring for them as family, and doing all that we can to ensure their spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being as individuals, families, and teams
We believe the goal of missions is for God to be glorified as worshippers of Christ are gathered from every tribe, language, and nation. Our work focuses on planting churches, equipping those churches and their leaders to grow to maturity, enabling them to reproduce themselves in their own culture, imparting a vision to send their own people as cross-cultural missionaries, and partnering with them to do so. Where possible, we seek to plant churches that are Reformed and covenantal, as we believe that is the clearest—though not the only—expression of biblical teaching.