Each EPC presbytery¹ launching a church planting team
among an Unreached² Muslim People Group by 2025.
The EPC’s vision for Engage 2025 is comprised of three aspects:
- Thoroughly evangelical: proclaiming the good news of life in Jesus;
- Specifically Presbyterian: through the power of churches linked by faith and geography (a presbytery!); and
- Desperately urgent: among people who have no intentional, witnessing Jesus-followers active among them.
ENGAGE 2025 IS:
- Penetrating communities where no Jesus-followers are actively engaged in disciple-making
- A resident apostolic (frontier church-planting) effort
- Committing to work in the local language and culture
- Committing to long-term (until the vision is realized) ministry
- Sowing in a manner consistent with the replication (goal of at least 3 generations)
ENGAGE 2025 IS NOT:
- Occasional short-term ministry trips
- Foreigners working through translators
- Starting model churches impossible for indigenous believers to replicate
- Compassion and mercy ministries without an intentional disciple-making movement strategy
- When Engage 2025 was first launched, the EPC had 10 presbyteries. Currently there are 13 presbyteries.
- An Unreached People Group (UPG) is a people group among which there is no indigenous community of believing Christians with adequate numbers and resources to evangelize this people group without outside assistance.