But the LORD sits enthroned forever;
he has established his throne for justice,
and he judges the world with righteousness;
he judges the peoples with uprightness.
The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.
The scriptures continually remind us that the LORD is enthroned forever; He is in control establishing His throne for justice. The Kingdom of God has come, despite the chaos and darkness around us, He promises to always be with His people and that “the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” Would you please pray with us for peace in region, and even more that all those people would know the name of our living LORD and put their trust in Him!
- PRAY for all involved in the region to know the name of our LORD and put their trust in him. People often turn to the Lord in crises.
- PRAY for peace in the region and wisdom as leaders work toward that peace.
- PRAY for our ministry partners in the region. Some are in the middle of the situation, while others are far from the action but sanctions have closed the movement of funds and on-going ministry in the area.
- PRAY for all the ministries located in the neighboring countries bordering Ukraine who are taking in thousands of refugees. The refugees are women, children, and older men since the younger men, 18 to 60, have been required to remain in Ukraine, available to fight. Already, approximately 120,000 Ukrainians have fled to other countries, including Poland, Moldova, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Czechia. This number is expected to swell greatly.
- Read: Christians in Ukraine in the face of invasion: “Prayer is our weapon”
- Read: ‘No justification’ for Russian invasion of Ukraine, say European evangelicals (christiantoday.com)
- Read: Putin’s Spiritual Destiny (spiritual background to the conflict)
- Give to the EPC Disaster Relief Fund for the needs of displaced peoples and the on-the-ground ministry.